The information we collect
Aster Group will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details and other Clubs you belong to when you apply for membership to Aster Group. This information is required under the Corporations and/or Registered Clubs Acts. We may also collect this and other types of personal information, such as your membership number, during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from Aster Group and when you participate in promotions or return feedback forms. In the interests of security and safety, and the comfort of members and guests, Aster Group also operates video cameras within the Club premises and may collect unsolicited personal information in the course of investigating complaints or pursuing disciplinary proceedings.
Where possible, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection. If you do not provide us with certain information we may be unable to accept your application for membership or provide you with access to our services.
If you choose to interact with Aster Group anonymously or with a pseudonym you will be unable to access some of the club’s facilities and member services. When entering the premises, Aster Group is required to collect your personal information as outlined in Section 31 of the Registered Clubs Act 1976.
Users can generally visit the Aster Group website without revealing who they are or other personal information. Aster Group will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
Your personal information is obtained via the website when you knowingly subscribe and submit your details to receive our enewsletter. This is an opt-in system, and you can unsubscribe at any time via the link at the bottom of each email campaign we send.
Your contact details and membership number will be collected when you apply for an online member’s login via our member’s portal. This is to verify your identity.
Your personal information will be collected when you purchase goods (online membership, tickets etc.) via our website.
Aster Group also collects solicited personal information indirectly, through publicly available sources or through our social media sites, like Facebook and Twitter, who disclose to their users that their personal information is provided to businesses.
How we use your information
• (a) To establish and maintain your membership to Aster Group , including displaying your name and address in the club prior to considering your membership application (as required by law) and providing you with newsletters, quarterly magazines, annual reports and other information necessary to allow you to play an active role in Aster Group , such as information about candidates standing for election to the board of Aster Group ;
• (b) To provide the products or services you have requested from Aster Group ;
• (c) To answer your inquiry;
• (d) To register you for events, promotions or competitions;
• (e) To assist us to make Aster Group 's sites, services and products more valuable to our members and guests;
• (f) For direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. If we contact you in this way without obtaining your prior consent, we will provide you with the opportunity to decline any further marketing communications;
• (g) To third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate the Club and provide the products or services you have requested, such as marketing consultants and promotions companies, catering and event coordinators, businesses operating from our premises, website hosts and IT consultants, electronic gaming organisations, and our professional advisers such as management consultants, lawyers and accountants. This information will not be disclosed overseas unless specified; and
• (h) to different parts of Aster Group and associated clubs to enable the development and marketing of other products and services and to improve our customer service in general.
Access to your information
You can access the personal information that Aster Group holds about you by contacting the Aster Group Privacy Officer as set out below. We will provide you with a copy of your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access.
If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever possible.
We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
Aster Group will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, Aster Group cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet of for any unauthorised access or use of that information.
Aster Group Social Media Guidelines
The Aster Group is focused on making sure our members and guests have a great time when
they visit our venues.
In the interest of maintaining our positive reputation there are a few simple house rules (below).
These rules are important, and we’d kindly ask that you bear them in mind. (We really don’t
want to remove any posts, or prevent anyone from posting).
This is a space for you to chat about the Aster Group and it's venues, and your experience of
visiting each club, we want to make sure it’s as enjoyable as possible.
We welcome friendly and informative discussions and constructive feedback.
We ask that you make sure your posts don’t contain:
1. Offensive language /swear words
2. Words or sentences in languages other than English
3. Threatening or offensive comments
4. Information on unrelated products.
We will remove any fans that don’t post according to the rules, please keep in mind that if you
are a member of the Aster Group, the same rules apply on our websites and related social media
sites as they do if you were visiting our sites.
Thanks, and we look forward to your posts.