Part-Time Course Mechanic.
Classification: Part-Time Course Mechanic
Applications close: 2nd January 2019
Port Kembla Golf Club is seeking a suitably experienced Course Mechanic to carry out maintenance and repairs on course equipment and machinery.
About Port Kembla Golf Club
Port Kembla Golf Club is known as one of the premium courses in the Illawarra. The course is an 18 hole championship par which is maintained to a high standard by a highly experienced Course Maintenance team. Along with Wests Illawarra, Port Kembla Golf Club operates as part of the Aster Group.
Your role will involve:
We are seeking a capable mechanic with a strong work ethic who is able to efficiently and accurately diagnose mechanical faults and solve problems. This role also requires scheduling and performing preventative maintenance on all equipment including mowers (cylinder and rotary), irrigation systems and tools (including hoists, drills, lathes etc).
Reporting to the Course Manager, your duties will also include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a safe and clean workshop
- Sharpening of mowers as required
- Diagnosing and repairing faults in machinery, including irrigation systems
- Maintaining accurate records of work required/performed
- Undertaking stock auditing and ordering parts and consumables
- Performing monthly stocktake
This role is a Part-Time position, you will be required to predominately work 30 hours across four days per week.
We’re looking for:
This is a great opportunity for a hands-on person who possesses the ability to work collaboratively in a team while ensuring safe, yet efficient operational standards on a daily basis.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Trade Certificate -e.g Mechanic, Plant Mechanic or Fitter/Turner (desirable)
- Class C driver’s license
- Industry/trade experience
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information, phone 4271 1155 to speak to a member of the People & Culture Team.