Cooks and Kitchen Hands.
Applications close: Wednesday 27th February 2019
The Aster Group, located in the Illawarra, has a creative Catering Team seeking cooks and kitchen hands with a passion for high quality food.
About the Aster Group
The Aster Group is an Illawarra hospitality group that comprises of Wests Illawarra and Port Kembla Golf Club. Our vision is to provide lifestyle options and facilities that enhance and benefit our community.
About the opportunity
The Aster Group offers a variety of food venues, including Craft Café, Table and Spoon restaurant, Port Kembla Golf Club Bistro and Wilbur smoker. Our sites also host a variety of functions for special occasions, such as weddings, birthday and engagements.
We are currently seeking a Casual Cooks and Kitchen Hands with a can-do attitude to work independently across all Aster Group food venues to ensure customers have the ultimate customer service experience. Duties include:
- Ensuring the presentation of the kitchen and café is of a high standard
- Preparation of food and the kitchen for service
- Cleaning duties
- Stock control
Your role will involve:
The position is hands-on which requires an individual to be able multi-task, prioritise and produce high-quality food and service in a safe and efficient manner.
We're looking for:
- Passion for food
- Experience in a similar position
- Excellent customer service
- Have a keen eye for presentation
- Have good communication skills
- Self-motivation, can do attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be flexible with hours on a weekly rotating roster, including split shifts, weekends and nights
- Above award rates
- Provided uniform and laundry allowance
Applicants must be permanent residents of Australia or possess documentation supporting the eligibility to work within the country.
Address the above criteria in your resume & covering letter and should you have any enquiries call the People & Culture Team on 4271 1155.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.