Chef de Partie.
Classification: Full time
Applications close: Wednesday 20th February
About Aster Group
The Aster Group is an Illawarra hospitality group that comprises of Wests Illawarra and Port Kembla Golf Club. Our vision is to provide lifestyle options and facilities that enhance and benefit our community.
Your role will involve:
The Aster Group has an exciting opportunity for a chef who thrives on working within and heading up the kitchen team to ensure a consistent high-quality product is delivered. Reporting to the Head Chef you will be instrumental in assisting with the seamless running of the kitchen operation.
In this hands-on role, you will enjoy the variety of working within a multi-outlet operation. With two individual properties, the Aster Group caters for all functions including weddings, engagement and birthday parties, right through to corporate golf days. We have the facilities to cater for up to 450 people, therefore your organisation skills need to be exceptional.
In this role you will:
- Be inspired to develop your menu creation skills and enhance our current food offering
- Play a pivotal role within our catering department that is fast becoming one of the market leaders in its offering to customers
- Ensure food standards, preparation, cooking and presentation are of the highest standard
- Support cost and inventory control measures relevant to the kitchen operation
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and standard of hygiene
- Motivating, lead and coach a small team of junior chefs
- Be available to work a rotating roster including day, night and weekend work
- Demonstrate fantastic customer service skills
- Utilise good communication skills
To succeed in this role you will:
- Have a minimum 3 years Demi Chef or Chef de Partie experience in a fast-paced environment involving a la carte dining and Events
- Demonstrate the ability to remain calm when under pressure; work at a fast pace whilst demonstrating exceptional attention to detail
- Have a team orientated approach; working closely with the F&B service team and Events team to achieve objectives
What we offer:
- Supportive, passionate and motivated management team
- A soon-to-be opened newly constructed state-of-the-art kitchen and dining space
- Above Award rate of pay
- Supplied uniforms
- Paid training
Applicants must be permanent residents of Australia or possess documentation supporting the eligibility to work within the country.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For further information please contact a member of our People & Culture team on 4271 1155.